Wednesday, September 2, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL!


I can't believe how old our kids are getting (and thus how old Jon and I are getting). Today was the start of highschool for Alex, 8th grade for Mona, middle school (6th) for Eli, and kindergarten for Isaiah! It's crazy how fast time flies. We set our alarms for that crazy 6am hour in order to get everyone up, dressed, fed, and gathered for a family prayer. Excitement was in the air and then they were off. Isaiah and I hung out and then met papa and uncle Dan at McDonald's for a special back to school treat! There were no tears that first day, but the next week proved a little more difficult separating (for him and me!). He is doing great now...Jon is convinced that we spoiled it for him by telling him how much fun it is. He is right, it isn't really all that fun, but it is good for him. Alex and Eli are doing cross-country at their respective schools, and Mona is switching from the flute to the french horn in band. I'm so proud of all my kids!








Eli wouldn't cooperate, so we'll have to just imagine how great he looked!!

1 comment:

laurak said...

WOW! You have a kid in HS? How old are you?
Your kiddos are beautiful!