Thursday, July 10, 2008

Camp Conundrum!

"co·nun·drum (kə-nŭn'drəm) n.
A paradoxical, insoluble, or difficult problem; a dilemma."

We had quite a week last week. Many of you know that I am in charge of planning our church's girls camp for 30 girls ages 12-17 that we are hosting at the end of this month. Planning has been ongoing and I thought I was on top of it all...until last Saturday! I get a recorded message from the National Forest Recreation Service saying that our campsites have been cancelled due to a "Beetle Infestation".

Are you kidding me? At first I thought it was a joke, but quickly realized no such luck!! So....after several hours scanning the online reservation system, making phone calls, and pleading with anyone who might be able to find a suitable, safe spot for 30 girls to learn outdoor skills and have a great time, I finally hit on a possibility. Me and my trusty assistant camp director took a little road trip to see the place and we were pleasantly surprised. Here are some pictures. Check out the waterslide and lucky us....it has flushy toilets (a luxury we never dreamed of!)




I think it is going to be an absolute BLAST!!

1 comment:

laurak said...

Wow, that was Stressful with a capital S. I hope it all turned out well. The new camp looked great.