Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crafty Crazy!

I had the "great" idea, after reading about some others doing this, of putting together a craft swap with families from all around the US and the world. The goal being that we make something fun with our kids and send it off to another child that we have never met before. I sent out probably 25 or so e-mails to people in my address book with some guidelines and told them to spread the word. In the end we got about 50 people participating which resulted in a lot more work than I had anticipated putting the whole thing together! The date you were supposed to send off your package was last Friday and I along with most of the other participants, was scrambling. In the end...I think our little art kit turned out cute. Hopefully the recipient is as excited as my kids were when they made it. Here are some pictures of the things we sent, along with some pics people have sent me of the items then made!!

The art kit we sent off! Covered sketch book, homemade bags with art supplies!

Cool banners that someone made for some older girls to decorate their room! Love 'em.


Amazing memory/concentration game another family made...wish I had one that fun!


I think it was all worth it!! ...We'll see how I feel next week.

2 comments:

Des said...

Wow, wow and more wow!!! Now, there's an idea! What a super cool thing. I'm so glad I didn't hear about it. That would have made me stressed for weeks. :) I love your art kits!!!!

laurak said...

We've really enjoyed the craft swap. It was a great idea. Thanks for all the work in putting it together.